Tuesday 1 October 2013

New Year's Resolution... October 2013

So it is 1st October again!- another year, another project! 1st October has always been a memorable date for me and, as with the rest of my life, God has now 'rebranded' it into something that is still important, but in a different way.

This year I want to start being actively involved with more charity work. I serve at my church (regenerationchurch.co.uk) for example doing youth work (Pulse = Friday night youth), mentoring and helping at the homeless shelter we run on Saturdays in conjunction with Hope4Havering. But I want to get involved with external organisations on a more regular basis...

One of my favourite organisations, The A21 Campaign, is the one that I have chosen as my starting point for this year. The A21 Campaign is a Christian organisation that is fighting to abolish modern day slavery in the 21st century. Human trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings, mainly for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. As the world’s fastest growing criminal industry, it affects every nation across the globe.

Every thirty seconds, someone is forced into this type of bondage—modern slavery. There are more slaves in the world today than at any other point in human history, with an estimated 27 million in bondage across the globe. Men, women, and children are being exploited for manual and sexual labor against their will.

I will reveal my plan as soon as I have discussed it with A21, but until then, here are some more facts about human trafficking, more about The A21 Campaign and some ways to get involved in the fight against to injustice of modern day slavery!

Blessings!

Ronell x




No comments:

Post a Comment